8.31.2008

Red Bike


I bought a red cruising bike. I love biking - the damping of air on your face, rushing thru your whole body. Its like being one with the air, flying on the land.

I remember, I learned how to bike when I was 9yrs old. My siblings and I only borrowed bike from our neighbor. It was an old bike but not so much ricketty. The first time I rode it, I was so concious. I was always looking at the floor, at the front wheel thus after I pedaled twice, I fell at least 2 meters away from where I started. Then I got some tips, from our neighbors who were also our friends back then. Sit straight, steady your hands, dont look at the wheel but look at the front. Simple instructions and yet it took me a while to really learn how to bike. I had skin scratches, bloodied knee and scarred arm because I always fell. But I learned because I really wanted to bike. I loved the look and feel of going faster than everybody walking.

Now, I can bike even with just using one hand,left or right. It feels so right, when I ride my red bike.

No comments: